The data protection law in the UK changed on 25 May 2018. Although this privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws, the A&DBKA wishes to start ensuring that data protection is compliant. It is important that the personal data the A&DBKA holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep the Association informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with the A&DBKA.
The Andover and District Beekeepers Association (A&DBKA) is affiliated to the British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) and the Hampshire Beekeepers Association (HBA), the national network of beekeeping associations. The A&DBKA represents your interests at national and local level by providing a forum for both professional and amateur beekeepers in the Andover area and gives you access to BBKA education and training programmes and to insurance for your beekeeping activities.
A&DBKA enters into a contract to provide you services as a member of the A&DBKA, and it requires certain Personal Information, as defined below to carry this out. The following required personal information and your membership details provided by you are necessary in order to perform under our contract with you. This information is collected as part of the Annual Membership Application form which you complete with your first application and each annual renewal. The personal information the A&DBKA require is summarised below:
BBKA membership number,
number of hives,
It is necessary to have this personal information to perform the services outlined below, and the A&DBKA will share your personal information with the parties below, for the purposes described:
- A&DBKA officials for establishing and maintaining your membership, communications on events within the Association, operation of the swarm line, access to the web site (all the above data except e iv)
- Hampshire Beekeepers Association (HBA) and British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) for the registration of members, collection of membership fees, distribution of the BBKA magazine and for BBKA Insurance (all the above data except c, d, e iii and e iv). BBKA may also pass some of your personal information (including a and d) to DEFRA.
- Bee Disease Insurance (BDI) for collection and payment of BDI Premiums on your behalf (all the above data excluding c)
- Regional Bee Inspector for inclusion of your details on BeeBase to aid them in the control of notifiable bee diseases (all items excluding e ii, e iii and e iv)
- HMRC (Gift Aid) for submission for Gift Aid (only a, b, and elements of e iv).
The A&DBKA also request the following additional voluntary personal information, to support the activities of the A&DBKA:
- skills you have, that you would be willing to offer in support the Association members
- the number of years of beekeeping experience and beekeeping qualifications you have, to enable us to help you improve your beekeeping skillsyour willingness to host apiary visits, do presentations etc, to help the A&DBKA deliver its services.
Where you do provide this additional voluntary personal information, the A&DBKA would also need confirmation the A&DBKA can use it for the purposes described above.
Within the A&DBKA your Personal Information will be distributed to and held by, the following officers:
- The Hon Treasurer for meeting the Associations responsibilities to BBKA, HBA and BDI and for claiming Gift Aid. The Hon Treasurer will also create the annual data base of Personal Information and distribute it to other officers of A&DBKA
- The Hon Secretary and Hon Chairman for communicating with the membership on events and developments in beekeeping
- The Hon Officer in charge of the Swarm Line Chairman, to ensure members mobile numbers and names are transferred to the dedicated A&DBKA mobile phone used for swarm collection.
- Education Officer who organises traing and education
- IT Superuser who collects the data and processes the data into BBKA eReturn2 and BDI systems.
The A&DBKA will only retain your personal data on an annual basis to fulfil the purposes the A&DBKA collect it for. The information and your consent will be renewed each year when you submit your application form for membership renewal.
The A&DBKA limit access to your personal data to those officers and the listed third parties. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and the A&DBKA require all these parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. The A&DBKA do not allow these parties to use your personal data for other purposes. Normal security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost will be implemented and to prevent unauthorised access, data alteration or disclosure.
You also have certain rights in regard to our use of your personal information, including:
- Access to your information: you have the right to request access to the information the A&DBKA hold about you.
- Ensuring accuracy of your information: you may contact us to correct or update your personal information.
- Erasure: you have the right to have us delete personal information the A&DBKA hold about you.
- Restriction of processing: you may request us to restrict our use of your personal data.
- Review by independent authority: you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- Objecting to other uses: you may also object to our use of your information in other circumstances, including withdrawing your consent to our use of the additional voluntary information.
If A&DBKA change how your personal information is managed, you will be notified and if required your consent will be requested to these changes.
If you have any questions relating to this, please contact Charles Crosthwaite Eyre, the Hon Treasurer at the following address; c/o The Old Malthouse, Upper Clatford, Andover, Hampshire SP11 7QL (tel 01264 352530)
Andover & District Beekeepers Association,
c/o The Old Malthouse, Upper Clatford, Andover, Hants SP11 7QL