RULES OF THE ASSOCIATION
Registered Charity for tax purposes (XT9389)
(Affiliated to the Hampshire Bee-keepers' Association)
1. Name. The association shall be known as the Andover and District Bee-keepers' Association (ABKA) and shall be affiliated to the Hampshire Bee-keepers' Association (HBA).
2. Object. The objects of the Association shall be to promote and further the craft of bee-keeping in Andover and District and the education of the public therein.
3. Activities. The Association will hold meetings for lectures and discussions on Bee-keeping, it will arrange training and education for new beekeepers and where practicable, arrange exhibitions and demonstrations.
a. Membership categories will reflect those of HBA - see HBA Handbook. In addition to Registered, Partner, Country and Junior members, ABKA will exceptionally allow Associate membership to beekeepers living outside the Association's area of operation provided that person is a Registered member of another Association. Membership will be only granted to those who have paid their subscription. Membership shall commence on the 1st April annually: any member whose subscription remains unpaid by the time that the Association has to pay HBA and BBKA capitation shall be liable to lose his or her membership.
b. Membership of the association shall imply full acceptance of the current rules of the Association.
5. Subscriptions. Subscriptions will be set at the Annual General Meeting. Additionally, the Association will act as agents for HBA, collecting the capitation requested by HBA for the Spring and Autumn capitation exercises.
6. Annual General Meeting. An Annual General Meeting of members shall be held during December each year. Members shall:
a. receive and adopt the accounts for the year.
b. elect Officers of the Association: President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Education, Auditor.
c. elect a Committee of no fewer than six Members: President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Secretary, Education.
d. determine the next year's subscription level, and receive subscriptions.
e. consider any other business.
7. Management of the affairs of the association. The Committee shall conduct the management of the Association's affairs including the accounts, a report on its activities for the year ending 31 October and recommendations for the next year's programme.
8. Special General Meeting. A Special General Meeting shall be called by the Secretary within 21 days of receiving a written request, stating the nature of the business for which the meeting is required, and signed by not less than 10% of the Members. Only the business for which the meeting is called shall be discussed.
8. Alteration of the Rules. Any alteration of the Rules shall be made at an AGM or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
9. Winding Up. In the event of the Association being dissolved, HBA shall be asked to hold the assets in trust until the Association is properly reformed.